Monday, February 19, 2007

Survived

Well, I ended up having a blast on both nights. Friday we had my whole family over for my brother and his girlfriend's leaving drinks. Was a great night and my sister and her husband and two kids and brother and his girlfriend all stayed (which was a crammed affair in our little 3 bdrm house. Were up dancing and having a ball until 3.30am. Then had to be up and organised to get to the airport and say goodbye. We then headed home for a bit of a catnap and then dropped kids off at my parents house and then headed back into Christchurch for the BBQ, although we got there at around 9pm and the BBQ started at 3pm!! I just wouldn't have coped if we hadn't of had that sleep. Had another 3.30am'er and I struggled through yesterday with the kids while Blair slept the day away. He was severely hungover while I was just knackered. Socially everything was sweet and I had a really good time.

Eating and drinking has been excessive and I am sure that I weigh at least 3kg heavier just from the weekend. We'll see if I can pull it together and at least maintain by Thursday.

3 comments:

Chris H said...

Yaa you had a great time after all ! So, what did you end up wearing?? How are the legs and nether regions ? Hope you can get those wee problems sorted.

Sandra said...

I'm seriously impressed. I can't do 3.30am nights out these days! Too old and tired.

I have just come back from a week in New YORK WHICH WAS SO AWESOME. But not a late night in the week at all. In fact jet lag meant I was asleep by 8pm on the first (Saturday!) night.

Rachel said...

Glad you enjoyed both nights, especially the BBQ.
I don't know how you did 3.30am both nights with 4 kids.....I reckon you deserve a medal...LOL